We are a diverse community who share progressive values and are united in resisting the reactionary and corrupt Trump agenda in Congress, Georgia, First Congressional District, Glynn County, and Brunswick.
We do it by showing up. We march. We picket. We protest. We call. We write. We assemble. We join with other like-minded groups to demonstrate that there are a lot of us. Together we can make a difference.
If you haven’t already, please take a look at the Indivisible Guide. It is a terrific site and worth spending time with. It is also a great place to find stories and suggested actions from groups around the country.
Our regular meetings used to be at 6 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month at the UU (Unitarian Universalists of Coastal Georgia, 1710 Gloucester Street, Brunswick, GA 31520 Directions), but we are going virtual for a while and details will be announced in our Facebook group.
- Sign up for email reminders and text alerts by clicking here.
- Please join our Facebook Group – click the + Join Group button on our page (your request will be reviewed quickly) – it is private to protect our members from alt-right and other types of crazies. We also have a public Facebook page so that people can find us, learn about us and see public events. Like it our not.
- We also have a presence on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, but aren’t as active as we will be.
- We participate at First Friday on Newcastle Street in Brunswick each month (5 p.m. to 8 p.m.). We have a table (send an email to volunteer). It is a lot of fun. Many of the stores are open and you can enjoy live music from local musicians, art openings, and food and beverage samples. Because of it, we made some tee-shirts for our volunteers – you can purchase them (and customize them) at our Zazzle store (there is a 10% commission on each item which goes to Indivisible Ga1st).
- And then there is Not-My-Buddy Carter. This in not an Indivisible project, but one of our member’s personal act of resistance by developing memes, which more clearly communicate the positions and activities or current Georgia First District congressperson. We invite you to take a look at what it is about on Facebook (a complete library of memes can be found in photos), Twitter and Instagram. Please share whenever you can with your friends in the Georgia First Congressional District.